langford emergency program
Large-scale emergencies and disasters often seem remote, however, disasters, technological or environmental accidents, or service disruptions can happen anywhere, any time. Even the beautiful wilderness that surrounds Langford can generate risks such as fire or flood to residents and their property.
Langford’s Emergency Program is working hard to prepare for, respond to, and recover from major emergencies and disasters, and keep residents safe, but we could use your help. Here you can access information on common hazards in the area, and learn how to prepare yourself and your loved ones for whatever happens, and keep up to date on relevant information and emergency notifications.
The Emergency Program is responsible for:
- Providing a plan for preserving life and property.
- Coordinating response from elected officials, municipal departments, volunteer services and outside agencies.
- Emergency planning
- Training, resourcing and activating the municipal Emergency Operations Centre and liaising with provincial emergency management organizations
- Training volunteers to provide assistance
- Emergency Social Services
- Amateur Radio
If you are looking for information or assistance due to COVID-19 please visit our COVID-19 Information page.
Know your risks and what to do before, during, and after a disaster
Make your Emergency Plan
Put your Emergency Kit Together
Having essential supplies readily accessible in an emergency is a vital part of preparedness.