Bylaw Enforcement Information

Except for public safety matters, all complaints need to be in writing and include your name, address, and phone number, the location of problem property, and some details about the issues. Licence plate detail is very helpful in a parking complaint. Submissions are queued and an Officer will contact you as soon as possible.

  • Fax your letter or complaint form to (250) 391-3433
  • Email the Department – complete the feedback form below.
  • Visit Langford City Hall, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

For urgent matters after hours call (250) 857-0400 to reach a Bylaw Enforcement Officer if one is on duty. If your call is unanswered please leave a message.

Currently, the Bylaw Department acts on matters only when two complaints in writing are received, except for public safety matters. This policy helps ensure the fair and efficient application of staff and resources, but can change without notice in response to circumstances in the community. Secondary suite issues have additional requirements; see the Topics list.